Thursday, July 29, 2010

The need for good bread here...

I love those bread bakeries that have daily selections that keep you wanting to come back everyday. Unfortunatiely we don't have such a place here. You know the ones that only do breads.

I have a master baking mix of flour, salt, sugar, and dry milk that sits on my counter. I refill the big container once every two weeks for our baking purposes. You can make bread, cookies, biscuits, scones, pancakes or waffles, etc. I love the fact that this mix doesn't have all those unwanted preservatives and unknown origins of ingredients.

I love the simplicity of a great mix that makes things convenient. On Monday, we made chocolate chip cookies. Today I am going to make some molasses whole wheat batter yeast bread. I'll post those recipes.

If you enjoy baking, having a pre-made all purpose baking mix makes life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment